KAAMCHOR KI RASOI SE…PUNJABI TADKA DAL!
Let me take you to Punjab with my Dal Tadka Blast recipe. Dal Tadka is a Punjabi yellow dal cooked with onion, tomato and flavored with generous amount of tempered ghee and spices.
When we talk about spices we refer to turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and the list goes on. Your kaamchor has found an easy option even in this space this Diwali. Yes it’s such a blessing to use one box for all your spices need.
Any Indian restaurant menu is incomplete without this mouthwatering preparation of dal. Similarly my kitchen is incomplete without any shortcuts. This recipe of dal tadka is not what we make every day at home. So make this dish once a while to break the routine or when you have invited guests at home. If you are planning this dish for a party or get-together then you can prepare the dal previous day and store it in refrigerator. Next day just re-heat the dal by adding water and pour fresh tadka with a blast just before serving. This creamy, rich and smooth dal is tempered with Punjabi spices and ghee. It makes the perfect accompaniment to Cooked Rice or Rotis.
15-20 minutes: Punjabi Dal Tadka!
Kaamchor Ki Rasoi Se: Quick, Easy Indian Dal ka Blast!
- Toor dal (pigeon pea): 1/2 cup
- Chana dal (bengal gram): 1/2 cup
- Tomato :3/4 cup, Finely chopped
- Onion: 3/4 cup,Finely chopped
- Clarified butter (ghee): 4 1/2 tbsp
- Dry red chili: 1-2 pieced
- Green Chili: 1 Finely chopped
- Garlic (lehsun):1 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves: 3-4
- All in one spices (Tadka Blast): 2 ½ tsp
- Salt: 3 tsp
- Fresh coriander:1 1/2 tbsp
To Make Dal Tadka
- Rinse the toor and chana dal thoroughly and soak in water for an hour.
- Pressure cook the soaked dals adding required salt for 5-7 minutes (3-4 whistles) and let it cool down completely.
- Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a non-stick pan or kadhai as soon as the ghee is hot add chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes until onions become golden and translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomato softens. Once cooked add chopped green chili into it and cook for another 1-2 minute.
- Now it’s time to add the magic the all in one Punjabi Tadka Blast masala which has all the required spices we need to make this delicious dal.
- Season the onion tomato gravy with required salt and cook for another 1 minute.
- Now pour the boiled dal in kadhai and mix it well with onion tomato gravy.
- Add water if required and let dal come to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and PampaaaraAAAa dal is ready!
To Make Tadka For Dal Tadka
- Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a tadka pan, add tadka blast, chopped garlic, curry leaves, dried red chili and let it cook for 5-7 seconds.
- Pour the tadka on dal and serve it hot with rice or roties.
For more details on Tadka Blast you can click on the links below.
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/tadkablast/
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/Tadkablast
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/tadkablast/
With Kaamchor Tipti Aggarwal
Kaamchor Ki Rasoi Se…It will make you feel so mindless in a tasteful way!
Do subscribe and visit again, do also share your quick, easy and healthy recipe with us!
Follow Us On: https://twitter.com/KaamchorKiRasoi
Like Us On: https://www.facebook.com/KaamchorKiRasoiSe
Email Us: email@example.com